***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, February 14, 2014

My help comes from the Lord

Scripture Lesson #3 with Patter Cross
reminds me that even though I go thru trials and times of trouble-God is always with me.
 
We all have our times of trials. The question is what do we do during those times?
I know I call friends and family to discuss it, sometimes asking for prayer.
My first step should be to go to my God. He's the one that can get me thru it.
 
I've used a 11x14 piece of canvas paper. Used gelatos to create the sky, applied modeling paste thru a stencil to get the "rays".  Hand wrote some of the words that describe My God.  The flowers are al the good things he provides: peace, love, joy, comfort, strength...the list goes on and on.
 
 The scripture I used on my piece is
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. 

Below I was trying to show the rays of goodness, mercy & love that pour down from God.
The song lyrics "I lift my eyes up -my help comes from the Lord" really spoke to me.

I'm sharing this at Word Art Wednesday. My dear friend Karen is a great woman of God. She shares his word weekly.  I hope you'll also go to her blog and check it out.


5 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just beautiful, Karen. What a blessing to see both you and Wendy Swenne linked up back to back - what a treat. Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

SCarol said...

Beautiful page, I love the idea of the rays of goodness, mercy and love pouring down on us from God.

Lisa Minckler said...

So beautiful Karen!!! :)

Susan M said...

Really beautiful artwork, it's so expressive!

Nancy said...

Beautiful work, Karen! Such a happy page full of promise! :o)

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...