***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

12x12 Canvas/Mixed Media


DecoArt has some GREAT products.
I created this 12x12 canvas using their paints and decoupage (with glitter).

There is a couple of things I love about their Americana paint.
~it comes in so many colors/shades.  They actually have a flesh color and a flesh shade color for me to use on the faces I love to draw and paint.  Make it super easy to color her.
~the matte finish is leaves is perfect to use other types of media's on top.  I used a Prisma black watercolor pencil to outline her and a Faber Castel pen for the detail work on her eyes.

I have some chipboard frames in my stash-thought it would nicely frame my girl.  I painted and stamped on it separately and then added to my canvas with thick glue.
I prepped my canvas by gluing on some hymn pages using Deco Art matte decoupage.

The silver dots you see on her dress are another Deco Art product called Paper Effects.  It comes in several nice colors.  I used silver for this project.
 To make the beautiful dimensional flowers: I started with some flowers I had in my stash left over from a previous project.  I needed the colors to match my project, so using my finger I smudged the paint color (with white on one finger)-dabbing and smudging until I got this two toned mixture.
 Next, I outlined them with a Prisma black watercolor pencil and blended the edges with a Stampin Up blender.
 Added some swirls and lines with Faber Castle black pen. Before adding them to the canvas I gave them a generous coat of Deco Art GLITTER Decoupage
 I sprayed my canvas with a good coat of Satin Acrylic sealer before adding the flowers.

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...