***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, July 3, 2015

Scleroderma Tags for RRR Challenge #121



I have a friend that has a chronic disease that is very painful.
Scleroderma (skleer-oh-DUR-muh) is a group of rare diseases that involve the hardening and tightening of the skin and connective tissues — the fibers that provide the framework and support for your body.

She saw my breast cancer tag and wanted some with the color that represents Scleroderma. That color is teal.  In the photos, the ribbon looks blue-but it's teal.

I had a lot of fun going back and doing some mixed media today!  I've shared some of my process with you.




I started with 4x6 chipboard. I coated it in Deco Art Gesso, then added a layer of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Cobalt Turquoise Hue. It was a little dark, so using the brayer, I added a coat of Titanium White and then dabbed off with a damp paper towel. Left a nice color and texture.
 Then I got my lace stamp out from Stampin Up and stamped in Black Archival Ink.
Then I used some watered down Americana Light Buttermilk acrylic paint and flicked some on top tapping a paint brush.
 I wasn't done yet!!  I had to use a stencil!  I used Americana Dark Chocolate acrylic paint and lightly applied thru the Burning Rubber stencil from DecoArt's Andy Skinner.
 Then I embellished!!  Teal ribbon, string pearls, a cute digital image of the bear (colored with Stampin up watercolor pencils) I added Glossy accents to the ribbon.  Cut the love with my cricut.  I think that's about it!  I love how they turned out.

 I'm entering Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge: #121 pretty bows theme and
Paper Artsy Challenge: Stencils

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...